When my husband told me that we were spending the

When my husband told me that we were spending the holidays in the town of Auburn Hills Michigan I was a little surprised. I was also a little apprehensive about the trip for a handful of reasons. Since we live in the southern part of the United States, the very idea of visiting a town like Auburn Hills Michigan at the beginning of the winter season seemed too much for us.

I was also apprehensive because I barely knew his family. While my husbands parents passed away a long time ago, there are many other relatives peppered throughout the country. Most of the family lives in Auburn Hills Michigan and I was feeling a little overwhelmed.

Part of the problem is being out of my element. I guess that Auburn Hills, Michigan is a wonderful town. I just dont know how well I would fit in. My southern drawl and my generally relaxed manner are a little odd to many northerners. They may find me a little too laid back during the visit.

There is also the issue of the quick-moving northerners way of making me feel very nervous. When my husband first moved into our small town in Georgia I was really taken by how quickly he spoke and how quickly he did just about everything. I guess thats what makes us a good mix.

Instead of letting myself feel like Im moving in slow motion, I decided to gather up as much information about Auburn Hills Michigan that I could. This would help me feel more at home and it would also give me a few topics to discuss during those odd quiet spells that I seem to fall into when surrounded by people I dont know.

I found out about the history of the town and I was able to fill the room with some of the facts about Auburn Hills Michigan. The facts ranged from the Detroit Pistons to the establishment of the town in 1821. I also added that the town was named after Auburn, New York.

After a few moments of prattling on about the beautiful town as well as my impression of the beautiful sights in the snow, my husband said, Slow down. Youre talking so fast that we cant keep up. Well, I guess thats the effect that a northern town like Auburn Hills Michigan does for a southern girl like me.