Mileage allowance



Though Im sure very woman might say that her husband drives her bonkers, each will have a different reason. I am sure men say the same about us, and perhaps it is just a part of being married. Whatever the case, I do think my husband is mad. He has many ways to save money, or to get some of his money back, and he just wont do them. I dont understand why he is so laid back about it. Its not like we are well off enough to retire any time soon. We need our money, thank you very much, and I cant understand why he doesnt take more care. One thing he doesnt take advantage of is the mileage allowance is company should be paying him.

He is supposed to track his own mileage allowance, but he never does it. He uses our car every day of the week for his job, and he is often stuffing things in it that have no place in a car. He should be getting a company van soon, but until then, he continues to abuse our car. I know that his job caused the death of our last car, and the mileage allowance would have at least made up for some of that. You would also think he would have learned, but apparently this is not the case.

No matter how many times I talk to him about his mileage allowance, he refuses to keep up and keep track. He says he doesnt have the time or the organizational skills to do so. I cant do it for him, but I am getting very upset with him. If it was his own car, it would be his own problem, and he could skip the mileage allowance if he wanted to. However, its our car, not his. I wish he would think about things like this before he rams around town for his company at my expense.

I cant complain about this company though. They have been very good to us, and its not their fault that he wont take the time to write down and keep track of the mileage allowance. They certainly shouldnt do it, and wouldnt really have a way to do it anyway. They offer it to him, and that is all they need to do. If he would take the time to take care of it and get the money that is due to him, we could put it away towards yet another car. He just wont do it.