Autographed jersey



There is nothing better for a sports fan than having an autographed jersey. Well, what could be even better is if you had an autographed jersey that was actually autographed by your sports hero in person. If you actually stood there and watched him or her put their signature on your jersey you are probably on cloud nine. Unless you are able to get up close and personal with your favorite player, getting an autographed jersey isnt exactly easy. Most times, people will search ebay for anything that was autographed by their favorite teams players. Of course, on ebay, youre competing for the item with lots of others and will end up spending a small fortune, depending on whose signature youre trying to obtain.

I managed to get my husband an autographed baseball jersey last spring. A friend of mine had seats near the dugout in the Yankees Stadium. I knew that Id be sitting as close as possible to the players, so if it was even remotely possible to get an autograph, I was going to try my hardest to make it happen. I asked my husband if I could wear his precious baseball jersey to the game and though he was hesitant to let it out of his sight, he agreed. We made sure that we were in our seats incredibly early, just in case the players came out onto the field to practice and meet some fans. Luckily for us, our seats were in the front row, so we could actually lean down and see in the dugout. I was thrilled. About twenty minutes before the game started, some of the players did come out onto the field. Unfortunately, Alex Rodriguez did not. About ten minutes before the game started, more players came out to join them, including Alex. All I had to do was get him to see me and somehow lure him over to me. I had my black
marker in my hand, I just needed to get his attention. I wasnt even sure if he was one of the players who would take the time to turn my jersey into an autographed jersey, but I had nothing to lose by trying. My friend, being the outgoing soul that she is, screamed his name at the top of her lungs. He actually turned to us, nodded and my friend began waving jumping up and down, waving him over. He didnt move towards us, but another player was within range of hearing us. I asked him if Alex could come sign a jersey for us, and to my disbelief, he actually jogged over to him and gave him the message. Though he waited a few minutes, he did venture over and very graciously turned my shirt into an autographed jersey. I had to hang on for dear life when I leaned over the wall, but it was more than worthwhile. I told him that it was for my husband, who was a huge fan, and he seemed grateful to hear the praise. Before I knew it, a few other players wandered over and added their autographs as well. I was in heaven. They took time to sign some autographs for other spectators as well, which was absolutely wonderful of them.

That night, when I returned home, my husband rushed to me to inspect his precious jersey. I told him that I didnt damage it, but I did get some ink on it. Letting out a shriek, he discovered that he now owned an autographed jersey. What more could you want.