Have you ever racked your brain looking for an unusual

Have you ever racked your brain looking for an unusual gift idea for a relative or friend? I know that I have spent hours looking for things that are going to be different than the everyday sort of gifts that you see everywhere. This quest for unusual gifts would add stress to an already busy and rushed season. One day when a clerk asked me if I needed help I told her my dilemma of trying to find different gifts. She listened to my plight and then said something quite profound. She said that most people want to receive things that are useful rather than unique. When she first said this I thought she was just trying to convince me to buy items that they had on display in the store, but then I realized that she was right. I liked to receive things that are useful and that I need.

With this new mind set I set out for the bath and body store. I love to receive the scented bath products that are available in abundance during the holiday seasons. Everyone can use bath and body products and they can be made unique by selecting different fragrances for different people. Bath and body products come in a wide range of fragrances and in different colors. I am a person that notices a great deal of details in other peoples homes. I also have a good memory. I thought why not buy bath and body items that are in colors that coordinate well with the persons bathroom.

While I was shopping I thought I could take this a step further and create care packages for people. I would include bath and body products but also put in special candies for the sweet lovers on my list and a bottle of wine or candle for others. I went to a paper warehouse and bought white shopping bags. I used my calligraphy skills to put the persons name on the bag. I then filled them with each persons bath and body products along with their other goodies all of which were wrapped in red and green tissue paper. I then used red and green curling ribbon to tie the handles together. The packages looked unique and very festive. Everyone was very appreciative of the contents of their bags. I had still individualized the gifts by picking different fragrances and colors along with the persons favorite goodie. I was glad I had that one clerk give me such wonderful advice. She was right people like receiving things that are useful and that they already like.